Saturday, August 14, 2010

Happy to have sore boobs!

Since March 2009, my menstrual cycles have been chaotic and unpredictable, I don't think that it's a small coincidence that it all went crazy when I left the UK and headed back to Aus by myself, I missed DH like crazy and couldn't stand to be half the world away from him.  So I believe the stress of being so far away from him had a direct impact.  Ever since, things have been very unsettled.

My last "normal" cycle was about 35 days long just before I flew back to Aus, then they suddenly slowed down to a grinding 3 months long.  Then when I returned to the UK things got even worse and I was bleeding for weeks rather than the usual 5-6 days.  My ovaries had basically stopped working and were failing to ovulate.  I gained alot of weight while I was in Aus so this is probably the main reason.  And now that I have lost (just guessing) around 7-8kg it seems that my body is starting to behave itself once again.  This morning while getting dressed I am sure I felt some tenderness in my breasts which usually means that I have just ovulated.  I also noticed some cervical mucus about two or three days ago, that is always a sure sign that I am about to ovulate.

This is probably really underwhelming and gross for alot of people to read but to me it's exciting, it means (if my instincts are right!) that my hormones are regulating themselves more which *should* make it easier to lose more weight.  I'm not even considering trying to conceive at the moment, I really don't want to worry myself about that until I am fitter and healthier.  In fact, the thought of falling pregnant actually scares me alot at the moment, I am afraid of having another miscarriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!