Thursday, November 25, 2010

Very disappointing

A few days ago I sent a question to Jon Gabriel about DIM and excess oestrogen, adding in my PCOS diagnosis and fertility issues and how I wanted to know the best way to address this with diet.  I got an email from admin saying that this would be better discussed over the phone with Jon and that they would book me in for a 1 hr phone call.

Elated, I armed and prepared myself with some really good questions about oestrogen that I thought Jon would be able to shed some light on.

This morning I waited for his call, feeling nervous but excited to be able to speak to him directly.  I was really looking forward to the 1 hour call and expected to get alot out of it.

So Jon called and asked what he could do for me.  Huh?  I thought you knew why you were calling me, didn't your staff tell you?  I was a bit taken aback and my throat went dry as I tried (through the haze of sleepiness - I had woken up only 15 minutes before he called) to explain my understanding of DIM, Indol-3-Carbinol, good vs bad oestrogen, PCOS etc.

Given Jon's extensive background in biochemistry and the thousands of research papers he has apparently studied, I thought he would know a heck of alot about something as prevalent as oestrogen.  But all he did was refer me to the Dr Howard Liebowitz show and told me to contact him to ask about it all.

Jon then asked me about how much weight I wanted to lose, when I really started to gain, what happened around that time that could have caused it.  Having given it all alot of deep thought for months now, I haven't been able to come up with anything significant other than when I started taking the Pill - that enough is a stress on the body, so I can pretty much blame that for the rapid weight gain.

Jon also asked me if I had kids, I told him that I have had 4 miscarriages in the last 5 years.  Again, I felt that he didn't seem concerned or think it relevant at all.

So my anticipation of a one hour call was brought to an abrupt end after 14 minutes.

Wha? 

Is that it?

I sat there in stunned silence, feeling ripped off.  I know Jon is a busy guy but I also know from his podcasts and from personal calls he has made to other GMers that he has given more of his time and energy to their particular situation. 

So did I not ask the right questions?  Or does he think I'm just a lost cause?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!