Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Gabriel Method

Almost my whole life, definitely throughout my whole adult life, I have been overweight.  The lowest point was when I walked into a Weight Watchers meeting in 2000 and stepped on the scales at 96.4kg.  Since that day I have battled with my weight loss and gain, changing from a size 18 to a 14 to a 16 to a 14 to an almost 12 to a 14 and now back to a 16 again.  I have joined WW countless times, fallen off the wagon every time and gained all or most of the weight back.  I even tried the Tony Ferguson program which I stuck with for about a month, lost around 4kg then gained it all back again.

If I add up all the weight I have lost over the last 10 years it would probably add up to more than 50kg.  What a waste of effort and money!

I stumbled across the Gabriel Method a few days ago while reading a naturopath's blog in Australia.  I went straight to the website and read all I could about it and I was hooked, I bought the book straight away.  This is what I have been looking for and I can't wait to get started.

My current weight is approximately 92kg.  I don't have bathroom scales because they do my head in, I only know roughly what I weigh because I used someone else's scales a few months ago.  Who knows, I could be heavier.  I guess I will have to weigh myself again when I have an opportunity, but it's not really important, I know that I am over 90kg and I am about to embark on a journey that will revolutionise a lifetime of eating habits.

xo Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!